The new queer, sustainable-tech festival.
19h - 22h @ Glogauer str.16 10999 Berlin
Empower is an afro-futurist and queer-feminist community platform with film, electronic music and art by queer people of colour. EmpowAIR is a collaboration between Empower and UK based curator Jumoke Fernandez, taking place on 11 August 2018 in the GlogauAIR art space in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
Empower parties are about freedom of expression in any form, giving protagonism to minority groups and letting them tell their own stories. We combine electronic music events with documentary filmmaking, focusing on queer, trans*, gender non-conforming people of colour.
EmpowAIR will take the form of a one-day music, performance and digital art festival, starting with a food ritual; followed by:
- internet rituals
- one panel discussion on femininity and femmephobia
- a digital art exhibition from the Middle-East
- sustainable fashion workshop and
- augmented reality fashion workshop
- 7 music shows by female identifying artists as well as
- a voguing flash workshop
Our musicians, performers and visual artists carry messages for the present and future with the aim of transforming our surroundings.
LIVE ON STAGE
Solange, tô aberta
Alex Alvina Chamberland
Rona Geffen - RG Music
Future V (House of Arise)
- Digital Excreta
- Passing, Transness and Femmephobia in (Queer) Spaces
- BRAINCELS VS INCEL TEARS by Clusterduck
- Metaverse Makeovers
- Kimona 27
- Work/Talk "Subersive Styling - and Ethical Guide" by Mariana Lourenço